Vintage Devotional (Memoir of a Samaritan vibe)

 He told me everything I ever did, she told the people. 

What was it the lord told her?

The lord told her, “Go call your husband for me”.


As I read this scripture yesterday, it burned my mind and my heart too much because there are so many who may be in her situation.

The Samaritan woman was a young woman who was on her way to get water from the well when she met Jesus. As she started to get water, he asked her for water which she adamantly refused to give. As the sun smashed their faces, he asked her about her relationship with all six men.

In the excitement, she gets so fired up and invites her entire community to meet a man who told her everything she ever did. 

When I was studying, I realized that the only thing the lord spoke directly to her about was her escapades with men. It pained me because she referred to it as everything she ever did. 

And I came to a conclusion that we are usually unaware that the burden of a nation rests upon our shoulders. Sometimes we may have a glimpse into our destinies and other times it may be something that just opens up on its own like the Samaritan woman. 


This young woman spent her life trying to satisfy her longing through moving from one man to another not knowing that the eternal destination of her community was hinged upon her shoulders. 

Sometimes also God would put a hunger in us, a depth that remains open waiting waiting for us to fill it. He knows that the more we try to fill the desperate longing in our soul, the more we would search. And as far as it is a search to fill the soul, we will find him because he is the only one who can satisfy hungry hearts. 


Remember that there are things more important than our desperate pursuits to gain, to have and to take. Your life is greater than the job you have, the clothes you want and the food you must eat. As the Samaritan woman found Christ, I know you would find him because only him satisfies.

From my heart to you❤️


Comments

Popular Posts