Rise up again

Vintage Devotional 


Do you know that the great men you know could have given up at the beginning when life got too tough. Yes, they would have said goodbye to their dreams and aspirations because it was hard. Joyce Meyer the popular tele-evangelist could have gotten angry about the sadness of her childhood experiences. Nelson Mandela could have gotten upset about his prison sentence. 

Oprah Winfrey could have been angry about all that life bestowed on her. Maya Angelou would have stoped half way after her childhood crisis and divorce. Yes, I’m certain you are aware of great people who distorted their challenges and claimed all that they deserved. 


I also remember the devastating health challenges that tried to depict the course of my destiny. I resolved to laugh at sickness, pain and failure hoping that there is a greater force beyond our finite existence who rewards determination, faith and a fighting spirit. I’ve not yet attained my desired expectation, but this one thing I do, I keep my eyes on those who through faith and patience received the promise. 

You’ve got one life to live, resolve to live life and forget the past. 

Comments

Popular Posts