Some things I’ve learnt from my stay in Osun state

I recently moved to Osun state early this year and this movement has made such a great impact in so many areas of my life especially my Christian life: 



1. Religion is the foundation of existence and no matter how much you try to deny its existence it still controls everything.

2. I live few minutes away from a mosque and I’ve been consistently inspired by the fervency of their 5am prayers. I’ve learnt that joking with my prayer life could cause you some strain later in life. 

3. I’ve learnt that Muslims give a lot. I’m a giver but the depth of giving I’m learning here is definitely going to stay with me for the rest of my life. 

4. I’ve been here only a few months but I dare you to tell  your kids all there is to Christ when they are little; they won’t forget easily. I’m learning to tell my kids all there is to know about Christ. I hope you grab what I mean here? 

5. Pray in the morning, pray in the evening, pray as much as you can. Prayer isn’t supposed to be made majorly for your needs to be met, it is a relationship with Christ. 

6. I’m learning that humility isn’t just a religious obligation but a human obligation to your fellow man and off course it would end you something precious with God. 

7. I’m learning to preach about Christ more with the kind of life I live, this would bring more people to Christ than the words you speak. I dare you to love and live like Christ. 

8. I’m learning that life is pretty short but eternity is the beginning of our real life. Our wealth is only a fading piece of garbage, we will not take it with us. Remember to show mercy, kindness, faith and love; at the end of the day this is really all that matters.

Just be grateful, happy and excited about the little things. 

#vintage magazine 

#vintagedevotional

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts