Are you grateful?



Yesterday I went to the hospital for an appointment with my eye doctor. He dilated my eyes and told me I wouldn’t be able to see clearly for few hours. 

After a few minutes of my eyes being dilated, I couldn’t see clearly. Words on my phone became dull and the faces of people became blurry. I tried so hard to look at my phone but nothing was clear. 

At this point I began to understand the importance of my eyes. After the appointment with my doctor, I stumbled home because I couldn’t see clearly. Thank God I didn’t drive. 

Most of the times we overlook the simplicity of Little things. We overlook the abundance of simple things because we are yet to see great things. 

The ability to see, speak, hear and walk is a miracle. Surprisingly the most simple miracles are usually not esteemed highly because they have always been with us. 

However we must relentlessly cultivate an innermost desire to be grateful for simple things. The abundance of a beautiful day is a miracle but most people spend their days mourning their losses, and crying over the past. 

We usually spend most of our lives not really appreciating what we have. To mourn over what you do not have is not wise especially when we have a limited time to exist in this life. 

Get up this morning appreciating God for the things you’ve and forget about the things you do not have. Most of the time the currency to posses what we do not have is usually in thanking God about what we have. 



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts