My love by Harry Washington


Amidst the cloak of photophobia that shrouds our throbbing hangovers. I fondly recall the euphoric sensations of reggae and blues, Though tentative, our desire for spontaneity was palpable “Hold my waist,” she implored, “and lavish upon me love, beauty, and romance” I sighed and extinguished my cigar in the crucible and I thought to myself, what a wonderful world?

Stilled by the ethereal trajectory of lofty dreams and lost in the abyss of insomniac nights' failures but enwrapped by the mellifluous melody of our nocturnal anecdotes, Promising to say “I do” and never speak words of departure we contend over the logistics of love, beauty, and romance

It was her soul  that I beheld by the river's edge, enveloped by dark clouds and murky bubbles that cloaked your contours,

With each passing moment, the depth of her essence stirred,

As I stood, in reverent silence, beside my own aching heart,

For it was not my longing that mattered, but her inner beauty,

A source of wonder that nourished my soul and kindled an insatiable thirst within me.

Her very presence serves to cleanse my soul,

For I cannot fully embrace her beauty without her inner grace,

Yet, she remains plagued by uncertainty and doubt,

Wondering of my true intentions and the depth of my devotion,

Oh beloved one, awaken to the sweet rhythm of my love,

And know that to awaken is to find the tranquility of rest.

Comments

Popular Posts