What you have is more important than what you do not have


My hair has not always been my favorite thing. 

I believe that this is the reason why I really do not make my hair but choose to rely on the simplicity of wigs. 

Overtime this attitude has caused continuous uprooting of my hair and I really never cared, “it’s just my hair” I thought. 

Late last year I went to a salon to make my hair for an event that was life changing for me. 

The hair maker told me something that has totally changed my perception about every single gift, relationship and ability that has been placed in my possession. 

She said, “you have a very fine hair but you don’t take care of it”. 

This may seem like an ordinary statement but as an avid learner that I’m, I got wisdom from what she said and applied it to every area of my life. 

At this point, I’m consciously and intentionally taking care of my hair. But far from the discussion about my hair, I’ve also come to learn that when you don’t take care of the things you have, it would not be useful. 

Do you have a gift that you have trampled and buried under the ground because of lack of cultivation. You’ve got to change that attitude and reposition yourself to work on it so that you could gain something profitable from it. 

Most people would never be heard or seen because they despised what they are naturally endowed with. 

When the children of isreal were faced with the Red Sea, it was a rod that Moses used to separate the ravaging seas. A rod could be anything in your hands or in your spirit that could be used to get you to the next level. 

You can also remember when the lord used five loaves of bread and two fish to feed an entire population of people. Can you remember the woman who was instructed by the prophet to get vessels which she could use to turn in oil in her possession.?

When God wants to bless you, he would almost always starts with what is in your possession. He doesn’t look for what you don’t have, he looks for what you have so he can cause it to overflow.

It is important that you stop looking at what Some else has and concentrate on what you have. 

You may not have the most perfect kind of look, but working and improving how you look is really all that you need.

Comments

Popular Posts