Never give up


One thing I’m learning about life is never to give up. 


I may look calm and reserved but if you know what I’ve been through you would be shocked. 

At the age of 15 I finished secondary school but didn’t get in until I was 18. 

All through this period I kept re-writing either Neco or Waec so that I would be able to get English Language which Seemed hard to come by. 

I didn’t know that God used this period to prepare me for my advanced study in the university. I ended up getting a first class degree, the first of its kind in the department and I got in as the best in the entire faculty that year. 

You see, many times some bad things could be a preparation for great things ahead. It was at this point of continuous re-writing of Waec that I spent hours studying literary texts and books that I would later meet at the university. 

After my undergraduate degree and the celebration that came with it, I fell terribly sick! So sick that I couldn’t read, write or do the things I wanted to do to propel my career forward. It was easier to submerge into thinking that all hope was lost, but guess what?? 

My Dad went behind my back and applied for a masters course in the university of Calabar for me. Imagine the pain of sickness I felt coupled with a full blown degree that needed my total attention. 

I fought with my dad several times but I’m glad he didn’t allow those silent years to go by without me improving myself intellectually. At the end of it, you need to see my grade! It’s super super amazing. 

The period of sickness characterized so much pain and detest for life in general. As a melancholy it was easy for me to pity myself with all the “why me” “why me”, I’m sorry to say but grateful to admit that my parents did not agree with me In my self pity party.

Imagine, my parents gave me a time frame to get well!! My parents needed me well, God needed me well. So I started with daily confessions and declarations. 

I would declare and confess healing over the sickness despite the pain I was going through. I drank communion like it was water everyday and I persisted during this period. Yes! I’m healed. 

I would like to say at this moment that God usually waits at the end of persistence not at the end of perfection. Your faith may not be perfect but if it is persistent, you would win. 

It was during this period that I wrote my second book Emotional Healing which has been a gift to so many people going through depression. 

I now understand what pain feels like so I don’t judge. I now understand what failure and rejection feels like so I am patient with people who have failed. God doesn’t send adversity our way, but he would usually pick up on these puzzles dropped by the devil to fix our lives. 

Most of the time, the areas in which the devil sends storms in our lives are areas that need quick fixing. God would use it to work for your good if only you never give up. Sickness almost always shows that your health needs a quick recheck. Financial challenges always shows that you need some financial information. 

In life, never give up! God usually stands at the end of your persistence. 

Comments

Popular Posts