10 things I learnt from my struggle with depression


I write about the things I’ve been through so that you would know you are not alone. 

I am someone who loves to share my experiences with others because if it can change lives, then I would be happy. 

In the year 2018 I struggled with severe depression that almost claimed my life. All through this time, I learnt these ten things that I would share with you...

1. I learnt that joy is a choice. No matter what you are going through, you can always choose joy. 

2. I learnt that gratitude is the fuel that enables the vehicle of your destiny to move towards plenty. If you are not grateful about the things you have, you would not see the increase. 

3. I learnt that growth happens in very silent times in life. Regardless of nothing remarkable happening, you can be sure that you are growing. 

4. Depression is not a death sentence. Just as there are changes in the eyes and ears, there can also be changes in your brain. Take out time to see the doctor or the psychologist. If you are given drugs, take it. 

5. No one would understand the pain you are going through, this is because mental health conditions are not usually seen but felt. People may not connect with your turmoils but you must know that it is not their fault. 




6. I learnt to be kind to people. I began to understand why people commit suicide. Please get the necessary help you need to be stable again. 

7. Never give up, you are not alone. 

8. There is a simplicity in contentment that gratitude bestows on a soul. To be contented in the different seasons of your life is great wisdom. There would be times of plenty and times that you would need to manage what you have stored. 

9. You would be happy again if you relentlessly work on getting better. Take your medications if you have to, you can also create a schedule for exercising. 

10. And above all, trust in God. Pray about your mental health every day. It is important that you know that God is the creator of your soul. He knows what went wrong, he knows where you are hurting and only him can take the pain away. 



Comments

Popular Posts