Successful marriages in the Bible




 I had a serious conversation with my mom about marriage few days ago. I asked her to give me names of people who had successful marriages in the Bible. I really wanted to know so that I would be encouraged. 

She started mentioning some names I was familiar with which I had missed out on earlier. She mentioned names like Isaac and Rebekah, Aquila and Priscilla...more names began to come to my mind. I added Abraham and Sarah, Ahab and Jezebel, Jacob and Racheal. 

I will tell you why these marriages were succesful. Abraham loved Sarah so much and he proved it during the uncertain years of barrenness. He didn’t marry another woman despite the pressure of loosing his wealth to his servants. Sarah had to fill in the gap when she proposed he should marry her maid. 

Isaac loved Rebekah and remained faithful to her despite his wealth. He didn’t let his heart stray towards other women, he stayed steadfast. 

Jacob loved Racheal so much. He spent so many years working for her father so that he could marry her. This didn’t work out well because he got caught up with her family drama. I’m sure you know the end of the story...

Ahab and Jezebel may not be your favorite couple but their love for each other cannot be questioned. Jezebel honored and respected her husband with all her heart. She could do anything for him and he could do anything for her. 

Queen Esther’s love story could go for a successful marital relationship. The king honored and treasured her without any reservation. He ended the lineage of her enemies because of his commitment and loyalty to her. 

Moses was totally committed to Ziporah his wife, he never married again. 

Boaz loved Ruth so much that he made her his wife despite her past. 

I could go on and on, however I will stop here. Never forget that there can still be successful marriages in these disturbing times. 

We’ve recently seen a total break down of the marital institution. 

Let your heart not be troubled, just keep your heart on the marriages that have worked. 


Comments

Popular Posts