Finding Purpose



My friend told me “Minka, it is not possible that you can like everybody”. I took her observation very seriously and I began cutting ties with people who I know do not like me, but I like them. I really do not know why it is easy for me to like everyone wholeheartedly without any kind of reservation on my own part. 

As time has gone, I now clearly see that my genuine love for people is a pointer to the humanitarian services I’m constantly pouring my life into through the Minka Grace foundation and the child emergency funds where we help children who are in need of feeding and educational assistance. 

The little story about myself is the major reason I began to understand that the day a person identifies purpose is more important than their birth day. This is because you were sent one earth not just to experience the beauty of creation but to carry out Gods divine plan for your life. 

If you are not fulfilling your assignment, you will never be satisfied. There would always be a void in your heart that you may try to fill in the wrong places. When you review the lives of the disciples of Jesus, you would find out that these men were ordinary men until they found out their assignment on earth. 

Peter never knew that he was going to be one of the major leaders of Christianity, John never knew he carried a divine mandate to write about the end of time. Doubting Thomas did not get the slightest perception that he would be a great missionary in Asia. 

What if they never found their way? What if they never identified the significance of their existence? Peter may have died a poor beggar, John may have ended up running errands for people all the days of his life. 

Never forget this, the day one identifies the reason they were sent on earth is greater than the day they get their highest paying Job. It is also better than the day they get married and technically settled. 

It isn’t strange that Jesus clearly told his followers that he knows where he came from and he knows where he is going to. 

I ask you, Have you identified your purpose on earth or are you just existing???

Comments

Popular Posts