Vintage Devotional (Wrong Direction)

 Day 14


Don’t call me Naomi, “she responded”. Instead call me “Mara”. For the almighty has made life bitter for me. I went away full but the lord has brought me home empty. Why call me Naomi when the almighty has sent such tragedy upon me. 

Ruth 1:20

Many times we take wrong steps and blame the repercussions on God. How has your decision making process been? Do you seek God? Do you check with God before taking major steps in your life?. 

I remember a time in my life I was supposed to decide on a course to study.  I was supposed to pick law because of the zeal my family had for the law career. I can’t really remember seeking God about the course to study but due to circumstances, I went in for theatre Arts. I am so grateful to God that I didn’t read law but I choose a theatre path. 

In this season, do not take rash decisions. Seek the face of God, wait and then move. Don’t move towards a direction God is not leading you towards. Naomi and her husband took the wrong step because they did not seek God about their journey.

After she lost everything, she blamed God for being the reason for her suffering. God wasn’t the cause of her failed life but her wrong decisions. Choose God in everything. 

Prayer point 

Lord go before me and make the crooked straight and the rough places smooth. In Jesus name. Amen. 



Comments

Popular Posts